Tuesday 11 September 2012

NYFW: SURPRISES

Ok so this is my first Fashion month 'Down Under' and it's a rather strange experience! Admittedly I don't actually know what the time difference is between here and NYC (I should probably know this) but I feel like shows are happening all day long, when I go to bed, while I'm sleeping and when I wake up, due to my international Instagram and Twitter feed. I thought I was keeping up when all of a sudden it seems it's almost over and I've barely had a chance to take it all in.

So anyway, the first thing I want to say is, WOAH when did Victoria Beckham stop designing clothes based on her signature look and start designing FASHUN. I mean I've never faulted Posh for what she did, because she did it damned well, but this is a collection I want to WEAR.



What ever the fashion world is going to term this shade of orange (orange?) I want to wear it now. (And thus is the beauty of being on this side of the world. It's only getting warmer from here and wear it I can).

Secondly, I have a confession. I've haven't really loved the last few Marc Jacobs collections (though I love the Fall ads, but that's another post), so I was surprised to find so much I liked about this collection! The super low waists, super high hems and the embellished maxis in particular. I need one of those maxis (and somewhere to wear it).


Finally Pinterest is amazing during Fashion Week and I don't know why I didn't notice how useful it could be before. I'm pinning my favourite looks here: http://pinterest.com/hardtochase/ss13-fw/

Images from style.com

FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK FOLLOW ON PINTEREST FOLLOW ON INSTAGR.AM  @HARDTOCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment