Tuesday 24 March 2020

LIFE IN ISOLATION 1

Last night the Prime Minister set unprecedented restrictions on daily life. We now need to stay at home as much as possible - we can go out only to get essentials and we can exercise once a day.

Every morning I wake up feeling like I dreamt the whole thing. This is my 3rd day not leaving the house as I've felt a bit paranoid. The local community forums are saying the high street is still really busy - It was certainly that way on Saturday when I went to post a package, groups of people everywhere. Hopefully after last nights announcement it will be quieter outdoors, meaning the streets will be safer for vulnerable people to go out for a walk.

I'm self-employed at the moment and as I have some savings I can't access even the very small amount of government support offered but I still have to pay rent and utilities. It's worrying not knowing how long I won't be working for but I'm trying not to think about it, because there are people worse off than me.

On a positive note, the sun is shining brightly today and it looks forecast to every day this week. I'm isolating with my parents so we will be able to use the garden, I didn't think my mental health would have lasted long isolating in London but so far I feel relatively calm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment